Author(s): B. Marshall and Early Childhood Staff
This package of training materials are designed for facilitators of training workshops for family child care providers. The workshops provide basic information about child development and child care organized in 30 topics. Each training set includes a sample copy of each of 10 participant booklets and two discs with a workshop agenda and PowerPoint Presentation for the topic, try-it-out activities for providers to practice their skills, and video clips to use in the workshops. Examples of workshop/booklet topics: A Smoother Day Schedules and Routines, Math Learning in the Home, Activity Times That Support Early Learning, Reading With Infants and Toddlers, Reading With Preschoolers, Play Materials From Everyday Items, Keeping School Agers Active, and Lets Be Friends! Supporting Social-Emotional Development. Participant booklets may also be ordered in quantiy. For a complete list of the workshop topics in each set see our online store at highscope.org. For information on setting up a family child care training program in your center or agency, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop Topics - Set 1
1. Learning Through Play – The Active Learning Way
2. A Smoother Day – Schedules and Routines
3. I Know Where it Goes! Organizing Your Play Room
4. The Gifts of Infancy – Development From Birth to Three
5. Caregiver Interactions – What You Say Is Important!
6. Look What I Can Do! Understanding Preschool Development
7. Partners With Children – Planing and Learning Together
8. Turning Conflicts Into Learning – Problem Solving I
9. Turning Conflicts Into Learning – Problem Solving II
10. Working With Families – Building Strong Relationships
Contents of this set:
The first disc in this set contains 10 workshops. Each workshop is designed to take approximately two hours. Each workshop folder contains a detailed agenda (PDF file), an accompanying PowerPoint presentationa, a "Try It Out!" take-home activity (PDF file), and any additional files need to make card games or activity sheets. The second disc in this set contains accompanying audiovisual materials such as DVD clips or musical selections - this disc contains one video clip, "Conflict with the Keys," for Workshop 9. This set also includes a sample of each of the Training Booklets (listed above) that are distributed to participants in this workshop series. Each Training Booklet corresponds to one of the workshop agendas. The sample booklet set is for the trainer's use; you can also order separate copies of these booklets for the providers (trainers will need one per provider for each workshop).