ESSENTIALS: SERIES 2 OCTOBER 19 - NOVEMBER 23, 2020
Product code : 661-20-001
Special Introductory Price: $175 (regular price $325) price includes a copy of Essentials (eBook or hard copy).
Dates for Series 2:
- October 19 - November 20, 2020
Registration deadline - October 2, 2020
Looking to learn more about the HighScope preschool curriculum and basic implementation principles? This online course will teach you how to use the HighScope resource, Essentials of Active Learning in Preschool by Ann S. Epstein, so it does not just collect dust on your bookshelf.
Essentials: Series 2 Key Developmental Indicators (KDIs) will focus on the following content topics:
- Approaches to Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development and Health
- Language, Literacy, and Communication
Participants will learn how to implement the principles and practices of these content topics within the preschool classroom. Each week participants will complete chapter readings, "check my understanding" questions, discussion forums, and Zoom call meetings with peers and facilitators. Connecting with teachers and other early childhood professionals to discuss the basic principles of the HighScope curriculum and share implementation ideas will be a focused mode of learning for participants.
For this course, you will need a computer with internet access and the ability to listen to audio either through internal or external computer speakers. You will also need the capability to participate in weekly Zoom calls, either via the Zoom app or via the Zoom website (www.zoom.us). To participate fully in the weekly Zoom calls, you will need microphone capabilities through an internal or external computer microphone or telephone. If you want your peers and facilitator(s) to see you during these calls, you can use your computer's built-in camera or another video device (e.g., external webcam); or, you can use your mobile device.
- Course Registration for this course closes Friday, October 2, 2020. Late registrations cannot be accepted.
- If paying by PO, please complete online registration for all of your participants, and send in a copy of your web order with your PO to email@example.com.
- Participants will receive their welcome email with login instructions 1-2 days before class starts.
- Participants need to provide a current email address for course communication.
- HighScope will grant a refund (minus the cost of student materials) to participants only if they withdraw from the course before it begins. To withdraw from the course, participants must send a cancellation email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the course's start.
- This course if 5 weeks long, the first week is Welcome Week and 4 weeks of instruction
- This course is 10 credit hours.