PRESCHOOL PQA-R ONLINE AUGUST 5 - SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
Product code : 621-19-005
Price $350/person, includes training, examination, and Preschool PQA–R (with materials checklist)
This online workshop provides hands-on experience in observing, recording, and evaluating program quality using HighScope's Preschool Program Quality Assessment – Revised (PQA–R) instrument. Fee includes the instrument, training, and participation in HighScope's online examination of rater reliability.
The Program Quality Assessment – Revised (PQA–R) is one of the approved instruments for evaluating all Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) classrooms. Because it is critical that reliable and valid data is entered into each PQA–R, GSRP Early Childhood Specialists (ECS) using PQA–R must receive formal training in the tool. The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) strongly recommends participation in the online version of PQA–R training.
MDE is defining formal PQA–R training as training implemented by HighScope Field Consultants or HighScope Staff. The approved training must use the HighScope PQA–R Training Agenda and result in a Certificate of Completion from the HighScope Educational Research Foundation. Any ECS who is not currently a reliable assessor and who wishes to use the PQA–R must complete either the online or in-person PQA–R training and examination.
- Course Registration closes one week prior to the course start date. Late registrations cannot be accepted.
- If paying by PO, please complete online registration for all participants and send a copy of your web order with your PO to email@example.com.
- Participants will receive their welcome email with login instructions 1–2 days before class starts.
- Please provide a current email address to enable course communication.
- This course is six (6) weeks long, including a welcome week.
- HighScope will grant refunds (minus the cost of student materials) to students only if they withdraw from the course prior to its start. Cancellation must be received by email (kEncEmailqsfttAijhitdpqf/psh).
- The PQA–R is an evaluation tool for the Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP). It is not a tool to demonstrate fidelity to the HighScope Curriculum.