GETTING STARTED WITH HIGHSCOPE INFANT-TODDLER JULY 29 - AUGUST 2, 2019
Product code : 555-19-004
During this week-long overview of the Infant-Toddler Curriculum, caregivers will be introduced to the key components of the Infant-Toddler wheel of learning to assist them in implementing high-quality experiences for their young children. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone working with infants and toddlers, including Early Head Start teachers, Head Start teachers, program administrators, and parents.
The following topics are covered:
- Active Learning focuses on infant-toddler development through the lens of the ingredients of active learning and the curriculum's content, the key developmental indicators
- Supporting Adult-Child Interactions focuses on interaction strategies for establishing attachment and strong relationships with infants and toddlers
- Learning Environment focuses on the guidelines for setting up an active learning environment for sensory-motor learners
- Daily Schedules and Caregiving Routines focuses on strategies for creating consistent yet flexible schedules and routines for individual children as well as the group while incorporating active learning
- Group Times and Intentional Lesson Planning focuses on strategies for planning conducting small- and large-group times for sensory-motor learners and intentional lesson planning based on children's developmental levels
Dates: July 29–August 2, 2019
Location: HighScope, Ypsilanti, MI
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Includes a copy of Tender Care and Early Learning